Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Be Grateful!

Despite the economic hardships that are persistent in our community and across the country and the many personal problems and challenges that we all struggle to deal with every day, we have so much for which to be thankful. So let's count our many blessings during this Thanksgiving season and make the practice a part of our daily routine. Sometimes we as humans tend to take our good fortunes for granted. So let's all take time this Thanksgiving Day and in each and every day to come to reflect upon our many blessings and to return to God the thanks that He so richly deserves as our Creator and the supplier of our needs!

I am especially thankful for the opportunity to serve our community as the host of WHEO's "The Great Day in the Morning Show". Even though I have to get up long before sunrise occasionally work until dusk or beyond, I am truly blessed and honored to have the opportunity to visit you in your homes, autos, and places of business via the medium of radio. Each morning before I go on the air, I make a point to thank God for my treasured listeners and ask Him to empower me to say and do those things that would be uplifting to you and pleasing in our Lord's sight. Sometimes, at the end of my 4-hour airshift, I don't feel that I have succeeded in doing that but I do take satisfaction in knowing that I always do the best that I am capable of doing.

We are blessed to live in this beautiful County of Patrick with such caring friends, neighbors, and loved ones. We are blessed with loving families and dear friends. Most of all, we, as Christians, are truly blessed and will be eternally grateful that God gave as a sacrifice for our sins His precious son and our Savior, Jesus Christ. Have faith!

As my friend Denny Archer masterfully sings in one of my favorite Southern Prophets' songs, "I've got so much to thank Him for." We all do! So lets be grateful this Thanksgiving and every day with which we are blessed beyond.

God bless you this Thanksgiving and always!

Richard

No comments: