Friday, February 9, 2007

Welcome to My Blog!

Hi, Hope you like the look of my new blog. Thanks to my friend and co-worker Daniel Louis for his assistance in creating this new blogspot.

Join me Saturday morning @10 as I broadcast live from the Just Plain Country Antique and Crafters Mall in Stuart during the 174th anniversary celebration of the birth of native Patrick Countian and Civil War hero J.E.B. Stuart, the namesake of our country seat in Patrick County. Historian and author Tom Perry will be there to autograph his new book about the J.E.B. Stuart birthplace at Laurel Hill in Ararat. Refreshments will be available. Y'all come!

Saturday night, I urge you to join me in supporting the Caring Hearts Free Clinic by attending their annual fund-raising dinner and auction at 6 p.m. at the Historic Star Theater in Stuart. I can't wait to hear the Southern Prophets sing during this event to aid this wonderful organization that provides free medical care to those who have no insurance in Patrick County.

Coming up on "Community Converation" will be an interview with representatives of Stuart Elementary School (Valentine's Day), Cooking with Paul (Thursday, Feb. 15), and Diane Edwards of the Patrick County Education Foundation (Friday, Feb. 16). On Wed., Feb. 14, join me for a special one-hour edition of "Everyday Christians" as 4 ministers answer questions that have been submitted by listeners. Joining Rev. Bucky Hunsicker and Rev. Clint Hopkins, our regular guest ministers, will be Rev. Jim Churchwell and Rev. Clyde DeLoach. You may also call in questions during the program by dialing 694-3114.

More coming up soon. Until then, may God bless you with a "great day"!

The transplanted "heart of Patrick County,"
Richard Rogers

No comments: