Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Showers of Blessing!

At the start of each day, I think we should count the many ways in which God has blessed us. As I arose this morning at 4:00 to come to work and do "The Great Day in the Morning Show," I felt blessed to get the first significant rainfall in several weeks at my house the night before. My poor lawn was about baked but the rain seemd to perk things up almost immediately. My grass is much happier today after a little over an inch of rainfall late Tuesday. Another blessing is that is came down in a steady manner and not in a sudden torrential downpour that causes much run-off and erosion. The rain yesterday was truly a blessing from God. After the rain, came another blessing. My power that had been off for about 28 hours (apparently some loggers cut a tree onto a power line in a wooded area that was not very accessible to power company repair crews) was restored Tuesday night. So after spending the previous night at my mom's house (thanks mom!) and moving everything out of my refrigerator to her spare frig, I was thankful to return home and to sleep in my own bed Tuesday night. I am thankful for these and many other blessings that God sends my way daily. Many times, I get so caught up in my daily routine that I neglect to tell the Lord how much I appreciate His grace and mercy. Even when things go wrong, I am blessed, and so are you. Just living in Patrick County and being given a new day of life are blessings of unspeakable magnitude! Perhaps, it's time for us all to count our blessings. It certainly opens one's eyes to the goodness of God!

Have a "great day,"
Richard

No comments: