Friday, July 13, 2007

Thankful for a Good Report

Thanks to Marcie Horne for filling in for me Thusday, July 12th, on "The Great Day in the Morning Show." I spent the day getting a checkup from my dermatologist and undergoing a colonoscopy procedure at Wake Forest University Baptist Medical Center. I am thankful that I received good reports from the doctors in both cases. I feel blessed to be a healthy person as I approach the 10th anniversary of my heart transplant operation on Oct. 1st this year. I missed being away from my radio audience and it was good to be back on the air on Friday the 13th after my day with the doctor. Thanks to my mom, Willie Mae Ray, for driving me to and from the doctor. They don't do the procedure if you don't have someone to drive you home.

Please pray for me. This Sunday, July 15th is the 7th anniversay of my marriage to Sandra, "my sweetie," who passed away almost one year ago as a result of cancer. I remember how, even though she was bedridden and suffering from cancer, we enjoyed celebrating our last anniversary together on July 15, 2006. I fixed her a steak dinner, presented her a present, a cameo necklace that she wanted, played her favorite song "Mr. Bojangles" by the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band, and served her some of the two anniversary cakes that were made especially for us by our friends Linda Rakes and Faye Staples. It was a wonderful evening! July 25th will be the first anniversary of her death. This time of the year is rather tough but I am keeping busy and going on with my life. I feel like my life is at a crossroads right now and I am searching for direction. I think maybe God has something wonderful in store for me. Please ask Him to reveal to me how he wants me to use the rest of my earthly life before experiencing the joy of eternal life that Sandra now knows. Even though I miss Sandra very much, I am comforted by the fact that one day we will be reunited in Heaven by our faith in Jesus Christ through the grace of God.

Also pray for my step-dad, Spot Ray, who has been feeling rather weak lately as he tries to attend his banner tomato crop this year. The first tomatoes of the season from his garden are now being enjoyed by the family. I have been eating tomato sandwiches (white bread, mayo, plenty of salt and pepper and several thick slices of Spot's juicy grown with love tomatoes) for the past week and they are the best ever. Speaking of fresh produce, please support the Patrick County Farmer's Market which is usually open on Fridays beginning at about 8 a.m. in downtown Stuart...and don't forget that the "watermelon men", Billy and nephew Gideon Martin and Billy's cousin Alfred have fresh watermelons and cantelopes for sale each Tuesday on Rt. 8 south of Stuart at Gilmer Biggs old store and in Patrick Springs. Enjoy the fresh produce available locally this summer and be healthy and happy!

Your radio friend,
Richard

No comments: