Sunday, March 16, 2008

A Personal "Thank You"

As I recuperate from a bout with an upper respiratory infection, pneumonia, and a generally "run down" body and prepare to return to work, I want to take this opportunity to personally thank you all for your concerns about my health and well-being. Since I have been out of work, I have received many cards, emails, phone calls, gifts, food, and other acts of thoughtfulness and genuine kindness. Most meaningful of all have been the many prayers that have been directed to Heaven on my behalf. My humble words can not express how much I deeply appreciate all of these expressions of love and support. May God bless each of you richly for your priceless care in my time of illness and need.

Although I am still weak and short of being back up to full strength, I have gotten some badly needed rest in recent days, physical and mental. I have also decided, at the urging of many of you, to take better care of myself in the future. In addition to getting a little bit more daily rest, I am watching my diet more carefully trying to eat healthier foods and to do so in moderation, drinking more water, and exercising regularly. I am working out every other day (3-4 times a week) in the public exercise room at the Patrick County Community Center at DeHart Park in Stuart. This facility offers an amazing array of exercise equipment free of charge to the citizens of our community. Lockers and shower facilities are also available. I would like to call your attention to this valuable community resource and urge everyone who is able to do so to use it. I have renewed some old friendships and made some new ones interacting with the many people who use these first-class facilities regularly. I am determined to stick to this program motivated by the fact I am building a stronger, healthier, and more attractive body (miracles are possible, you know)! Taking care of one's body also helps to build self-confidence and self-esteem. Maybe I'll see you in the exercise room. Attitude is everything so I am going to try to think positively as I allow God to take greater control of my life. The Lord knows that I stumble and fall when I try to take charge. Please keep me in your prayers and I'll be praying for you, my fellow citizens, listeners, neighbors, friends, and loved ones.

I have truly missed my faithful listeners during this illness, and I look forward to returning to the air during this week leading up to Easter. Let's all be reminded this Easter season of the rebirth that we as sinners experience by simple faith in Jesus Christ and the hope of eternal life that Christians can freely enjoy as we share in our Savior's Resurrection and Christ's victory over death and the ultimate triumph of good over evil! So be joyful this Easter and always, and...

Be blessed,
Richard

1 comment:

Juanita said...

I have prayed for you everyday.