Saturday, March 29, 2008

A Time for Rebirth, Renewal!

Hi my friend, neighbors, and faithful listeners :0),

Sorry that I haven't updated my blog lately but, following a long bout with illness this winter, I am just getting back into the swing of things as spring in all its youthful splendor blossoms into its beautiful fullness as the season of rebirth and renewal. That's what I feel is happening in my personal life as spring renews my spirit and inspires me to live my life to its fullest.

As the host of "The Great Day in the Morning Show" for the past 10 years, I have been absorbed to a great degree in my work and community activities often neglecting to take care of myself and to get the proper rest. However, I have been inspired this spring to make some positive lifestyle changes that will hopefully make me a happier, healthier, and more well-rounded and likeable person. I have been working out for the past month and trying to watch my diet, although I must say I still splurge occasionally, well, o.k., I admit it, often. I have also at least started to make an attempt to get more rest, one of the most important and most often neglected keys to healthier living.

As part of my quest for overall self-improvement, I am focusing added attention on developing new personal friendships and relationships and renewing some longstanding ones. After all, among the most important parts of our physical and emotional well-being are the people who grace our lives. Our loved ones and friends bring true happiness and joy to our lives, and we should strive to show them our love and appreciation and to avoid taking them for granted. Although I struggle daily as a naturally sinful human being, I realize that it is most important to work to develop one's spiritual self as well as your physical and emotional well-being, placing only God above others and self (in that order). I have a long way to go in the spiritual realm of my life, but I continue, feebly at times, it seems, as the Apostle Paul said in Philippians 3:14, to "press toward the mark."

As a result of these efforts at personal self-improvement, I feel much better about myself, and I have developed a renewed desire to get the most out of every moment of this precious blessing of life. Simply put, I strive to be a +positive person+! Please keep me in your prayers as I try to personally follow Spring's example of rebirth and renewal in my own life. I pray that you too are feeling spring's youthful influence in a positive way in your life and that you too will experience the renewal of the spring...carried forth season after season....

Love,
~+Richard :0)

2 comments:

cfloors4less said...

I think we all have room for self-improvement and there is no better time than TODAY!

Anonymous said...

Hello Richard,

This was a very inspirational writing. I love the spring, it is a time of Rebirth and rejoicing in the Lord.We are so Blessed to have the beauty God gave us.I have learned to take one day at a time and make the best of it,and to lean and rely on God for all things. Thank you for this writing, it is great encourgement, To remind me to keep up the fight and dont give up, for Jesus did not, By his stripes we are healed. Praise God!!

God Bless You, Richard,
Tammy