Sunday, April 27, 2008

Prayer Request

My mother, Mrs. Willie Mae Ray, will undergo knee replacement surgery at Forsyth Medical Center in Winston-Salem on Tuesday, Apr. 29th. She is widely loved and respected throughout the community. Hardly a day goes by that someone that I meet doesn't tell me what a sweet lady she is and how much they adore her. Of course, I've know that for more than a few years! Please keep my mother in your prayers.

Mom has been hobbling around on this bum knee for ages it seems, reluctant to go ahead and get it replaced. Various treatment measures over the years have yielded only short-term relief at best. So, with the family's encouragement, mom has finally decided to go ahead with the surgery. She tells me that she is looking forward to getting it all behind her. Please pray that God will see her, her husband, Spot, and the family safely and successfully through this procedure and the rehabilitation period that lies ahead. I hope this operation brings mom renewed mobility without the pain she has so often endured. She loves to work in her yard and flower garden and to travel (taking many bus tours to various places) during her retirement. I will keep you posted on her progress on "The Great Day in the Morning Show"! I might even call her and talk with her on the air one morning following the surgery. Thanks so much for your prayers for her well-being.

Love you, mom!

YOU too! :O)

Richard

No comments: