Friday, May 2, 2008

Prayers Answered!

Thanks for your prayers this week for my mother, Mrs. Willie Mae Ray, who returned home Friday, May 2nd, after undergoing successful knee replacement surgery 3 days earlier at Forsyth Medical Center in Winston-Salem. "It's good to be home," she said relaxing in her favorite recliner in the living room of her home located south of Stuart near the Virginia-North Carolina state line. On behalf of our family, I can tell you that it is great to have her home!

The surgery to replace her right knee went remarkably well, and, despite the intense pain associated with this procedure, she has been praised by her therapists for responding so well to her intensive therapy sessions. Mom is proud of the certificate of commendation she earned for her outstanding performance during the twice per day therapy sessions at the hospital. She will now continue to receive in-home therapy by home health professionals as she continues the arduous rehabilitation process. Her recovery will take about three months.

Our family members are pulling together to care for mom during her recovery period at home. I would like to thank my sisters Beverly, Kathy, and Judy for all that they are doing for her and my stepfather, Spot Ray. I am trying to do what I can as well. Thanks to the many citizens of our community who are praying for my mom's complete recovery. Your prayers are being answered!

My mother has been expecially blessed to have a wonderful doctor that conducted the surgery and a competent medical team that has provided excellent medical care. She praised her doctor, noting that he prayed with her before the surgery and told her upon her departure from the hospital, "God bless you." That sort of open Christian witness is hard to find in this age of political correctness and declining moral values, it seems to me. I commend Dr. David Pollock, my mother's surgeon, for reflecting his Christian faith in his professional as well as his personal life. We can all learn a valuable lesson from Dr. Pollock's example. After all, simply put, our mission as Christians is to seize every opportunity to practice discipleship. Despite our humanly shortcomings, we should all strive to witness for Jesus in all areas of our lives, including the workplace.

If you would like to send my mom a get well card, the address is: Willie Mae Ray, 603 Salem Highway, Stuart, VA 24171. Thanks again for your prayers. Welcome home, mom!

Until next time, may God bless you with a "great" day!

Love always :O),
Richard

No comments: