Saturday, November 28, 2009

A Christmas Tradition to Cherish

I think that the experience of cutting a live Christmas tree is one of the richest and most family-friendly of all Christmas traditions. In an outing that took me back to my childhood, I visited a Patrick Co. Christmas tree farm to do a radio feature for my morning radio show recently. At a time when many of our customs and traditions are fading away, it is refreshing that many families still cherish the fellowship and closeness to God and nature that accompany a holiday outing to search for the perfect Christmas tree. This is a wholesome annual ritual that has been passed down for generations in many families. Despite the growing popularity of artificial trees, ...there's nothing like getting that perfect tree the old fashioned way, cutting it fresh as a family! Here's wishing you all a Merry CHRISTmas and one that is rich in family tradition.

No comments: