Sunday, May 10, 2009

A Mother's Love

Exceeded only by the love of God, a mother's love is perhaps the strongest force in the universe. I am thankful to have been blessed with a dear mother who has loved and sacrificed for me throughout her life. It was wonderful to spend the day with her and members of my family. All of the children and their families accompanied her to church today. As my sister Beverly said as we watched her smiling from her seat in the choir, "She's as proud as a peacock that we are all her for her today." We were just as proud to be there with her on her special day.

After church, we had planned to take my mother, Willie Mae Ray, out to lunch. However, she suprised everyone and had prepared a delicous home-cooked meal second to none for the whole family. So we all gathered at her house for a special Mother's Day celebration after the church service. That's just typical of my mom...always thinking of others without regard for herself. The children all said, "Mom, you shouldn't have...but we're glad you did!" Thanks mom, I love you! Happy Mother's Day to all moms. Thanks for the treasure of a mother's love!

Richard

No comments: